Always envied those who can throw their hair into a perfect messy bun and still look chic and stylish? Always wanted to know how you can take advantage of those bad hair or lazy days and create a style which still looks fashionable and enviable?
Seek no more; within the next 10 minutes you will learn the dancer’s secret to a perfect messy bun, and you will become the envy of those who wish to create this sexy and laid-back style!
The messy high bun is a super chic option for when you want your hair away from your face and neck, and a great option when you want to accentuate an outfit with shoulder or neck detail. If you’ve got a fantastic outfit don’t be afraid to show it off; having your hair in a sexy bun will add an element of chic and will really draw attention to your fabulous attire.
Here are some top tips for creating that perfect messy bun!
1) Flip your hair upside down and rake through your hair with your fingers to separate any knots or tangles.
2) Gather your hair together at the top of your head (picture 2) and twist the hair together to create one long piece of hair (picture 3)
3) Begin to twist the hair at the top of your head, using your hands to guide the hair around itself into a bun (picture 3 & 4)
4) Keep hold of the bun, and ensure that the front part of your hair is how you would like it.
5) Secure the end of the hair (which you have wrapped around) with bobby pins, crossing over the pins to form an ‘X’ shape, which gives the pins more security and holds the style in place.
6) Use bobby pins to secure any loose parts of the bun, and carefully tease out any stray hairs of the bun if you wish to create that ‘messy’ look.
7) Use a good quality hairspray to secure the hair, and there we have it; a perfect messy bun!