Glitter fanatics unite! Below is a list of 10 ways to add glitter to your life. Try a few of these DIY glitter projects and share your own with us if you like!
- Glitter tights: This is one of the easiest ways to glitterize tights and well, pretty much any piece of clothing you have. All you need is 3M Photo Mount spray, a pair of tights, and of course some glitter. Glitterize one side at a time. Lay your tights out flat, spray with photo mount, and sprinkle with glitter before it dries. Let it dry before flipping it over and glitterizing the other side. Add as much or as little glitter as you like, mix up the colors, or use stencils to add custom shapes and symbols. Be creative
- Two-toned glitter nails: Multicolor nails are all the rage these days and here’s an easy way to rock them. You need nail polish (you can use clear, or any color you prefer since the glitter will be covering it anyway), a butter knife or small teaspoon, and two different colors of glitter. Now set your area up. Lay down a paper towel and get your glitter ready. Pour two small piles of glitter onto the paper towel and have your teaspoon or butter knife handy (that’s what you’ll be using to scoop up, and then sprinkle the glitter onto your nails). Now you’re going to paint your nails with your nail polish and then sprinkle on the glitter while it’s still wet. Apply one coat of polish, then scoop a small amount of glitter onto the rounded end tip of your butter knife and carefully tap the butter knife to sprinkle glitter onto only half of your nail and dump whatever is left over back into the pile of glitter. Once you’ve sprinkled glitter on half of the nail, quickly scoop up another small amount of your second color and then carefully sprinkle it over the remaining part of your nail. I think working on one finger at a time works best, that way the polish doesn’t dry while you’re working on a different nail.
- Adding glitter to your lotion: another quick and easy way to add glitter to your look is by making yourself glittery! Before applying your favorite body moisturizer simply pour a little bit of glitter into it and then smooth all over (gold, silver & iridescent look best in my opinion).
- Want to use loose body glitter on your eyes, but it won’t stick? Use a thin layer of non mentholated chapstick as an eyeshadow base before applying the glitter and it will stick like a charm.
- Glitter bobby pins: You need scrap paper, 3M Photo Mount, newspaper to work over, and glitter. Take a piece of scrap paper and fold it in half. Slide however many bobby pins you’re decorating with glitter onto the folded edge of the scrap paper and arrange them similarly to how they come when you first buy them except when you line them up don’t let them touch. You want the bobby pins separated by about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. Once bobby pins are all lined up, spray with the photo mount spray and then immediately sprinkle with glitter. Let the one side dry for a few minutes before flipping over the paper and repeating the process on the other side of the bobby pins.
- Glittery chocolate gemstones: Gemstone shaped candy molds, edible glitter, and your favorite brand of chocolate is all you need. Brush the insides of the candy molds with the edible glitter, melt the chocolate, and then pour into the molds. Let harden for a couple hours in the fridge and then simply pop them out and enjoy!
- Sparkly bathwater, sparkly skin: Have a soak in the tub and come out all sparkly with this fun idea! Add a few pinches or a few small scoops of loose body glitter to your bath and when you come out the glitter will be stuck to your skin. Just remember to pat dry! Avoid fully wiping yourself down so that you don’t wipe off all the glitter. Seal in the glitter with your favorite body moisturizer.
- Glitter hairspray: Everyone remembers those incredibly fun colored hairsprays right? Well nowadays they come in not only almost every color, but they also come with just glitter! Simply style your hair as desired and then spray a fine mist of glitter hairspray to your “do” to add a little bit of extra dazzle and shine to any style.
- Old pair of sneakers + glitter = sparkly new shoes: Have an old pair of sneakers that you don’t know whether to throw out or keep? Well keep them and make them new again by covering them in glitter! All you’ll need is Mod Podge crafting glue, a paint brush, and your shoes. Line a bowl with foil and then pour some Mod Podge into it. Use the paint brush to paint the Mod Podge onto the sneaker in the places that you want to add glitter. I painted the toes and rubber sole lining of an old pair of chucks so that now all the rubber parts of those shoes, except the bottom, is covered in glitter.
- Glitter and booze: Make your old wine glasses fancy again by spraying the base and bottom half of the stem with 3M photo mount spray and then immediately sprinkling with glitter. Use different colors on each wine glass for easy glass identification while entertaining guests!
And there you are, beauties! Go and add glitter to your life with these easy and fun projects!