The 1920s hairstyle on women first came about when women started to show their independence by cutting off their long hair. Women started smoking in public and rebelled against society. Today, this popular hairstyle is still here. There is just something fascinating about a woman who has a 1920s hairstyle. When you think of a 1920s hairstyle, does a formal sit-down dinner or ballroom dancing come to mind? If so, you are not alone. So, how in the world can you recreate this fantastic yet elegant hairstyle? It’s not as hard as you may think!
An added benefit of having a 1920s hairstyle is you no longer need to worry about the upkeep of long hair or your hair getting caught in your necklace. All hairstyles that fall into this category start with a basic short bob. That is the first step. If you currently have long hair, you will need to have your hair cut. Make an appointment with your hairdresser right away.
1. Straighten clean hair. It is extremely important that you start out with clean, straight hair.
2. Spray your hair lightly with hairspray. You need to complete this step as it helps hold your hairstyle in place.
3. Curl your hair. Start curling your hair by clamping your HOT curling iron around a strand of hair and twirl it inwards towards your scalp. Hold your hair in your curling iron (wrapped and close to your scalp) for at least 30 seconds.
4. Unwrap your curling iron and hair by gently unwinding the curling iron and finally releasing the hair by opening the clamp. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until ALL of your hair is curled.
5. Re-curl your hair using Velcro curlers for the ends of your hair strands by gently wrapping only the ends of the hair strands into the Velcro curlers. Allow the curlers to remain in your hair for approximately 30 minutes for best results.
6. Remove the Velcro curlers and set them aside. Your hair should be extremely curled at this point. If it not, repeat all steps until all of your hair is curled.
7. Style your curls and hair using your fingers until you have achieved the desired look you are seeking. Once you have your hair just the way you want it, spray hairspray all over your hair in order to hold your hairstyle for a longer duration.
If you haven’t tried to create a 1920s hairstyle before, you may want to start. This hairstyle works well when you are planning a night on the town, or you are going to a party.