Black-and-white manicures are trendy and in fashion. Not only that but black and white are the most contrasting colors you can pick to make your nails stand out in a crowd. Creating a black-and-white manicure can be done at home, which prevents you from scheduling an appointment at your nail salon and spending money having someone else do your nails for you.
Think of what you can spend the money on that you save doing your own manicure! It’s not hard to achieve this amazing look if you have the right tools.
1. Wash your hands and under your fingernails. Allow your hands and nails to dry.
2. Apply cuticle cream to your cuticles and allow it to sit on them for approximately one minute to soften your cuticles.
3. Use a cuticle stick and gently pull your cuticles back, towards the bottom of your nail.
4. Paint your entire nail white. Selecting the “whitest” white nail polish you can find ensures you create the dramatic effect you are looking for.
5. Repeat for all fingernails and allow the coat of white nail polish to dry completely.
6. Paint your fingernails with a second coat of white nail polish. Most first coats are never bright enough making a second coat of nail polish necessary. Allow the fingernail polish to dry completely before moving onto the next step.
7. Use a black nail art pen and start drawing black lines or designs on your finger nails. Take note that this requires a steady hand, and if you make a mistake you will need to remove all your nail polish and start over from the first step. It is up to you if you want the same design on all ten of your fingernails, or if you want different designs on different fingers.
8. Repeat step 7 applying a second coat of black using your black nail art pen if the black is not black enough. Be careful to stay on the lines you first created so you do not ruin your entire nail thus ruining your black-and-white nail design.
9. Finish your black-and-white manicure by applying a clear top coat to all fingernails and allowing it to completely dry. Repeat if desired.
Be warned doing your own black-and-white manicure at home can become addicting. You may just have so much fun creating new designs that your nail salon may never see you again.