Bikini season is just around the corner and while you all may be hitting the gym more diligently and slathering up daily with anti cellulite creams, you might want to add this exfoliating skin firming treatment to your regimen. Everyone has their own little ways of preparing their bodies for summertime, and this is one of mine. Simple, beneficial and totally worth sharing. Many of you may already know that exfoliating your face and body results in smoother, softer, suppler skin. Great right? Now add fat reduction and skin firming capabilities to that list of benefits. Well now, that’s even better.
I’ve recently learned that caffeine has some pretty amazing effects on your skin. It constricts blood vessels and while doing so reduces redness and greatly aids in maintaining an even skin tone. It also has the ability to reduce the size of fat cells. When absorbed into the skin, caffeine will literally shrink fat cells to a smaller size. I wanted to incorporate this magic into a sugar scrub which is a really good way to ensure that something is absorbed into the skin.
This is what I came up with…
DIY Skin Firming Sugar Scrub Recipe:
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ground Espresso or Ground Coffee
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and ground espresso (or coffee) together in medium sized tupperware or jar. Mix and blend well with fork or whisk until all three dry ingredients are integrated with one another
- Pour olive oil into the mixture
- Use a fork to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Should end up looking like potting soil with a paste-like consistency
- Cover with tupperware or jar lid and store in your bathroom.
How to use:
Massage sugar scrub into wet skin at the end of your shower for about 1 minute before rinsing away. With regular daily use you will see (and feel) the results sooner than you’d think. Note that some jars are prone to rusting so if you opted to make this in a jar with a metal lid then you might wish to store your sugar scrub in the medicine cabinet rather than shower to avoid any rust.
You’re skin will be softer after just one scrub down and by summertime your bodies will be silky smooth, and glowing. Have fun revealing your inner goddesses, and don’t forget to let the she-wolf out to play too!