Hey there fabulous folks! Today I have another stress relieving stretch to share with you all, and this one is definitely one of my faves! I mean come on, you get to lie down with this one. How sweet is that in the middle of your workday?! So find a suitable place and laydown on your back.
The Knee Hugger:
1. Raise your knees to your torso and hug them.
2. Relax as you feel your lower back start to stretch out, the more you relax the further you can go into the stretch.
3. Take deep steady breaths…inhale for four counts, and exhale for four counts. Every time you exhale allow your hips to sink deeper into the stretch.
4. Carefully, and gently rock yourself back and forth, from side to side. This will not only help to deepen the stretch and limber you up, but it will also use your body weight against the floor to knead the muscles in your middle and lower back.
5. Do this as long as is comfortable. Keep your steady breathing rhythm. Alternate between rocking back and forth, and remaining still.
6. When you’re ready to sit up, place your feet back on the ground and keep your knees bent, to keep the strain off of your back grab the backs of your thighs and (on an exhale) use your hands and arms to help pull yourself up.
This daily stretch can be done multiple times throughout the day. It’s great to do outside on a nice grassy area, especially on a nice day where you can admire the blue sky and find shapes in the clouds!