Nurture yourself more by taking a little bit of time out of each busy day to excuse yourself from the world for a little bit of “me” time. Every day you should try to find the time to meditate and stretch. It feels good and it’s good for you – both in and out. As you stretch you can take that time to clear your mind with some meditation. Focus on your breathing, focus on your stretching, but keep the chatter of daily life out! As soon as one of thoughts comes to mind simply dismiss it and refocus yourself on your breath and deepening the stretch. Below is a de-stressing stretch that can be done on a daily basis, and is great for beginners and pros alike!
The Seated Lower Back Stretch:
1. Sit with your legs open (just enough to be slightly wider than the width of your hips).
2. Staying seated, lean forward and let your whole body relax. Really let your head hang so that you can release all the tension in your neck.
3. Relax, and breathe. Hold this pose for as long as is comfortable allowing yourself to sink deeper and deeper into your lap with each exhalation.
4. When you’re ready slowly raise yourself back up as you inhale.
5. Repeat as many times as you feel necessary!