Are you a fan of minimalism? Are you a busy gal on the go? Either way if you’re answering yes, then these hairstyles might be of interest to you. Quick, easy, stylish, and modifiable to fit your preferences! Literally as easy as 1,2,3 and all you need are bobby pins and ten minutes (tops)! Best done with dry hair, but it can be straight or curly; whatever texture you prefer.
The first hairstyle is a messy, braid wrapped low pony-tail.
Variation ideas: Play around with different part positions; do you like yourself better with a side part or a center part? Adjust the placement of the pony-tail by shifting it into a side pony; you could even do this for low pig-tails. Try leaving some wisps of hair down to frame your face, or pull all of it back for a sleeker effect.
- Braid: On both sides of the nape of your neck gather a section of hair that is about an inch thick and braid them. Temporarily secure braids with pins or mini rubber bands until you’re ready to move on to step 2.
- Wrap: Remove pins or rubber bands that you used to secure the ends of the braids and then pull them back and cross them over each other, again on the underside of the pony-tail, then cross the braids over each other one more time over the top of the pony-tail.
- Secure: After crossing the braids over each other once more bring them together underneath the pony-tail, tuck them in and secure with bobbies. Spritz with hairspray if needed.
The second hairstyle is even simpler than the first, this half-up/half-down look is chic, versatile and ultra feminine.
Variation ideas: This style is a half-up/half-down look, but no one says how high up or how low
down half of it had to be so mess around with that aspect of it and find your perfect placement. Tease your hair for a more voluminous look or try keeping some wisps down to lightly frame your face.
- Gather a small amount of hair from the crown of your head and secure with two bobbies. Don’t worry about perfect pinning since all the bobby pins will be stacked atop one another.
- Take hair from one side and pin on top of the first section and secure with bobbies.
- Take hair from the other side and pin on top of the other sections and voila! You’re done! Hairspray, of course, if you need it.
*Side-note: These styles are best executed on someone with hair that is medium to long in length, but folks with shorter hair can adjust the placement on where you pin your hair back for a similar look.
Share your versions of these simple styles with us by tagging #TheBeautyThesis and #TheBT_simplestyles on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!